Yesterday is history...Tomorrow is a mystery

I always say, I choose happiness over anything in the world. I will even choose it over love. Yes you can go ahead and raise your eyebrow at me all you want but that's my opinion, matter of fact that's my choice. Someone once asked me "But I thought love makes you happy" I beg to differ, Happiness produces love from you and those around you. Love on the other hand can be painful, draining, heartbreaking, and even delusional sometimes, hence the saying "Love is Pain Blind". And yes, Happiness is a choice. Whatever the circumstances you can choose to be happy. I have recently come to the discovery that Happiness doesn't come from people around you, or things of the world, it comes from within. I used to obsess over every little thing that didn't go my way, and trust me I can be a bit of a Diva drama queen, okay maybe a lot more than  I let on, but that's not the point; but the thing is, ever since I found Christ and I mean really made him a part of my life, I have learnt to hold on let go and let God. I have found an inner peace that I never knew could exist. I always questioned what people meant by "peace of mind" with the crazy schedule of life, the twists and the turns, how can anyone possibly catch a break? At least I know I can't seem to catch one, between, work, class, church commitments, new relationship, family & friends, when and how does someone take a breather? Well guess what? No one is going to hand you the breather. It's a choice to stop for a minute, shut out all the madness and just breathe. No one is going to do that for you, You have to make a personal choice and give yourself a time out and catch a break. I always say Life is too short to not take time out and simply breathe, after all no one makes it out alive!! If you don't, like it or not life catches up with you, in fatigue, loneliness, frustrations, depression and God forbid a mid-life crisis.
I was so obsessed with making myself busy because I can't be idle, so I want to do it all at the same time, Like there is no stopping me, that I forgot what it was like to be happy. Just to have a moment to myself, breathe in the fresh air and feel a sense of happiness and contentment. Nothing I was doing or chasing after seemed to give me the fore sought happiness I was looking for. Until I took a break from it all, told God I was done trying and its up to His will to be done. I was just gonna sit back relax and go with the flow... And what do you know? Everything is falling into place, a day at a time, am more at peace with myself than I have ever been in my life...No reason in particular, I just decided to lay back be happy whatever will come my way, because guess what; all things come to pass, and they all work together for good for those who love the Lord.
Happiness is a choice, a journey not a destination. So choose to be happy today savor every moment, breathe, take a break, relax and Let God do his magic. Remember its never that serious, no one makes it out alive, So take time off and enjoy the borrowed life you have been lent; that way you have no regrets. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised. Be happy, Now, Today.

xoxo
Tanya Love

Comments