Shine your light on their darkness

 Matt 5:16

16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


The Devil is a Liar, I keep saying. Lately, it seems the Devil be looking for one or another to try me. He don't sleep I tell you. I used to have a short temper, I prayed about it and I've since become less temperamental. I'm also a very impatient person, although lately my tolerance for people and annoying situations has greatly improved. I no longer snap at people, or curse them out. I don't get urges of wanting to strangle the toxic person trying to try me. When faced with uncomfortable situations, I simply walk away, because I have learnt to tell myself, it's never worth the drama. 

But what do you do when the person bringing the drama is one you can't just walk away from. What do you do when you tell God to remove that thorn in your flesh, and He says "my Grace is sufficient for you". When the thorn in your flesh is someone you love and God has just refused to remove them from your life, yet you have decided to remove yourself from all drama and toxic situations in a bid to live a positive life? It can be quite uncomfortable.

 I recently had a one such situation, I was in the middle of drama I didn't even start, didn't want to be a part of, and I tried to walk away, but it just kept coming my way, that I snapped. When I awoke the next day, I felt disappointed in myself, because I was unable to handle the situation maturely, but sometimes you have to be the bigger person and understand that we're all human. So, I prayed about it, and asked God to give me clarity, that when it came to dealing with the situation I had better perspective and was able to forgive even without the other person apologizing.

 Although I originally stormed off in a dramatic exit, the next day I was able to resolve the situation after realizing that its part of the process of God making me a better person. God will allow you to be tested so that you can become more patient, understanding, forgiving, and compassionate.

 You can't be an over comer without overcoming obstacle. I'm glad that I was able to let my light shine instead of throwing blame, I was more understanding and the issue was resolved amicably. Being that we are all human and we all fall short sometime, we are bound to snap at the world sometime, So I didn't beat myself up too much after that. 

When you realize that you are God's vessel and are supposed to use your life to bring glory to Him, you put your personal feelings aside and be the bigger person. You let your light shine on the other person's darkness, because you might just be exactly what they needed to find their way out of their darkness. And sometimes they snap at you not because you're the problem but because they are dealing with a deeper issue and you just happened to be the scapegoat. 

So when next faced with difficult situations, remember to let your light shine instead of being consumed by someone else's darkness.

XoXo

Comments