My favourite quotes....

"It's never been easy for me / To find words to go along with a melody / But this time there's actually something on my mind / So please forgive these few brief awkward lines / Ever since I met you my life is changed / It's more than just my furniture you've rearranged / I was living in the past / But somehow you've brought me back / And I haven't felt this way / Since before Frankie said "Relax" / And though I know / Based on my track record / I might not seem like the safest bet / All I'm asking you / Is don't write me off just yet / For years I've been telling myself the same old stories / That I was happy to live off my so-called former glories / But you've given me a reason / To take another chance / Now I need you / Despite the fact that you've killed all my plants / And though I know / I've already blown more chances / Than anyone should ever get / All I'm asking you / Is don't write me off just yet. " from the movie music and lyrics

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." - Rita Mae Brown.

"When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife." - Groucho Marx.

"I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early." - Charles Lamb.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti.

I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"

Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny.

- Tyron Edwards

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.


- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talent is what you possess; genius is what possesses you.


- Malcolm Cowley


Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.


- Robert F Kennedy

It is not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.


- John Wooden


The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.


- Nelson Mandela

He who angers you conquers you.


- Elizabeth Kenny

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.


- Mahatma Gandhi


The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity.


- Winston Churchill

Make hay while the sun shines

He that knows nothing, doubts nothing


To be or not to be - that is the question.


William Shakespeare quote



And this above all unto thine own self be true and it shall follow as the day the night - thou can'st not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare quote



Neither a borrower nor a lender be.

William Shakespeare quote



When trouble comes, they come not in single spies but in batallions.

William Shakespeare quote



The course of true love never did run smooth - a Midsummer's nights dream

Love
William Shakespeare quote



What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet (Romeo and Juliet)

William Shakespeare quote



Patch grief with proverbs

William Shakespeare quote



Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage

Marriage
William Shakespeare quote

I absolutely believe in the power of tithing and giving back. My own experience about all the blessings I've had in my life is that the more I give away, the more that comes back. That is the way life works, and that is the way energy works.


Ken Blanchard

The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children!


Children
King Edward VIII
compiled by katsy

Comments